Foreign nationals of most countries, including citizens of the EU, US, Japan, China, are required to obtain a visa to visit Russia. Nationals of the following 55 countries are not required to obtain a visa prior to visit Russia as long as their trip lasts no more than the visa waiver limit listed below. Even if your country is in the list please check at the nearest Russian consulate the requirement to the passport expiration date and the necessary documents — sometimes at the passport control they can require an invitation letter.
• Belarus • South Ossetia
• Abkhazia • Armenia • Azerbaijan • Kazakhstan • Kyrgyzstan • Moldova • Tajikistan • Ukraine • Uzbekistan
Unlimited period for non-commercial purposes
• Argentina • Bolivia • Brazil • Chile • Colombia • Cuba • Dominica • Ecuador • El Salvador • Fiji • Grenada • Guatemala • Guyana • Honduras • Israel • Jamaica • Nicaragua • Panama • Paraguay • Peru • Saint Kitts and Nevis • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines • South Africa • Suriname • United Arab Emirates • Uruguay • Vanuatu • Venezuela
60 days for non-commercial purposes
• Mauritius • Samoa • South Korea
30 days for non-commercial purposes
• Bosnia and Herzegovina • Laos • MacauSAR, China • Mongolia • Montenegro • Palau • Serbia • Seychelles • Thailand
30 days for holders of a letter of guarantee/invitation and a tourist voucher
• North Macedonia
14 days for non-commercial purposes
• Brunei • Hong KongSAR, China • Nauru
The Organizing Committee will prepare and send a visa support letter to participants upon completing the Registration form, where applicants are kindly requested to supply the organizers with a copy of the passport page (with a photo) and personal data. The same information is to be provided for the accompanying person(s). If you plan to obtain a visa in a country you are not a citizen of, a copy of your residence permit is also needed.
For citizens of the EU countries as well as India, Japan and USA a simplified visa procedure is provided: the invitation can be issued by the inviting organization within one day. For other countries the invitation should be prepared by the federal authorities, which takes time. We thus kindly ask you to start you registration as early as possible.
With a visa support letter one can apply for a short-term (30 or 90 days) humanitarian visa. If one needs a multiple long-term visa, please contact the Organizing Committee. You can find the list of Russian embassies and consulates around the world here.